The following topics are covered in this month’s community call. Overview on Universal Actions + Messaging Extensions (elevating user experiences with Universal Actions and Messaging Extensions on Teams and Outlook – walkthrough capabilities and value propositions) - Karan Thapar (Microsoft), Accessibility Updates (Accessibility work and SDK v1.6 release) – J.P. Roca (Microsoft), and 15 minutes live Q&A primarily focused on Universal Actions + Messaging Extensions. This call was hosted by J.P. Roca (Microsoft) | @jpthepm. Recorded on April 14, 2022.
Watch the call here
- Universal Actions + Messaging Extensions - Karan Thapar (Microsoft) – 00:37
- Accessibility Updates - J.P. Roca (Microsoft) | @jpthepm – 21:02
- Q&A - J.P. Roca (Microsoft) | @jpthepm & Karan Thapar (Microsoft) –22:04
Elevate user experiences with Universal Actions and Messaging Extensions on Teams and Outlook – Adaptive Cards enable you to take quick actions right from within Teams and Outlook. Hear the latest on Universal Actions, vacation approval scenarios with value propositions, contextual or role-based views on Teams, sequential workflows on Teams, messaging extensions, search (read-only) messaging extensions, action messaging extensions, link unfurling, success stories, and value, how to onboard and build resources and Q&A at the end.
Referenced in this call:
- Documentation – Universal Actions for Adaptive Cards
- Documentation – Messaging extensions
- Documentation – Link unfurling
- Tool - Microsoft Bot Framework | https://dev.botframework.com/
- Demo – Adaptive Cards Video Player Bot on Teams - Alexis Kinzelin (Microsoft)
- Tool - Microsoft Graph Toolkit
Resources in General:
- Let us know the features you need https://aka.ms/ACRoadmap
- Schema Explorer - https://adaptivecards.io/explorer/Action.Execute.html
- Designer - https://adaptivecards.io/designer/
- Get started with Templating - https://aka.ms/ACTemplating
- Browse the Adaptive Cards Code - https://aka.ms/ACRepo
- Find tools, sample cards, and more - https://www.madewithcards.io
- Contribution Guidelines – https://aka.ms/ACRepo
Adaptive Cards feedback channels
The Adaptive Cards developer community call is on the 2nd Thursday of each month. We will provide you with the opportunity to learn about Adaptive Cards in general, how they could be a great tool in your applications and contribute to the evolution of the format and SDKs. Each month, we’ll discuss new features we are bringing to the platform, our roadmap, and listen to your feedback and suggestions.